Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Me Time

My favourite ways to spend time with myself:

- long drives with good music or an engrossing audiobook
- hot bath with a book, usually a fun romance novel or a Nancy Drew
- puzzling! (with, what else? an audiobook playing!)
- staying up very late and prepping blog posts, writing in my journals, and watching British or Aussie TV shows (As Time Goes By, Poirot, Mum, Winter, Hyde and Seek, Mr. Inbetween, Doctor Blake Mysteries) or classic American shows like Gidget, The Rockford Files, or Hart to Hart 
- taking naps on my fifteen minute and lunch breaks at work
- going to the library near Lucy's house to sit listening to a book or a playlist while filling out cards or posties to send to friends and fam
- playing silly games on my phone (solitaire, Wordscapes, Homescapes, Gardenscapes, Word Search, Water Sort, Bag It!)
- scrolling through Cheap Old Houses posts on Instagram and daydreaming of moving to a new town and buying a home all my own with loads of land and in need of very little work

No comments: