Thursday, July 25, 2024

A Weekday Afternoon with Jax

I had another dental appointment, this was the third Thursday in a row!, with that darling man, Dr. Davis. Since it was scheduled smack dab in the middle of the day, I decided I would take a mental health day and call out. I texted Trey to let him know I'd be out and that he'd have a bit more of a workload without me around. Then I went to my place, hung out for a bit and then over to my appointment. I had planned to get done by 2:45/3pm and then dash to pick up Jackson at my in-laws. Hopefully we'd beat the traffic and get to Grounds for Sculpture by 4 and have an hour to walk around and chat, just us. Yeah, that didn't happen. I got there at 3:30ish which meant we'd have even less time at G4S. Change of plans - we went to Mullica Hill for chocolate ice cream - their vegan selection is decent and so yummy! Then a pit stop at his house followed by me running errands. Finally we went to LesbiVeggies for Gunga-Din-Din, to quote Dennis Miller. He'd never been there for anything besides brunch, so this gave us both a chance to try something new - Beyond Meat Tacos for him and Eggplant Parmesan and Spaghetti for moi. Everything was divine, although Jax wasn't super crazy about the Beyond Meat. (I scored big because he let me take home his leftovers. Result!) Mid-way through our meal he went to the loo. A little while later he came back to the table with a look of panic on his face as he mumbled something in a hushed voice. What the hell?? Then he said "the toilet is overflowing and there's water everywhere!" I thought, no big deal, I'll go in and I'm sure they have a plunger. I open the door and the water was at the brim. I stepped in and, holy minestrone! The water was all the way to the door and not stopping! I frantically flagged down Noely (best waitress ever!) who came over and, cool as can be, told us not to worry and then went to grab a mop. Poor Jackson looked stricken as he told her, "I am so sorry." Luckily he didn't poo! It clearly wasn't his fault. I told him that maybe some girls had been flushing their tampons and clogging the drain. This seemed to ease his mind. (Blame the ladies, please!!) Noely later told us it was no big deal and reassured Jax when he said he was worried he'd be banned for life. It was not the best LesbiVeggies experience to have, but the staff was really wonderful and understanding. I mean, clearly it wasn't his fault since a boy can't clog a toilet just with his pee. As for Grounds for Sculpture, we are hoping to go there on Saturday evening instead. God willing it won't be crazy hot!

(I forgot to snap a pic of my all chocolate with chocolate jimmies today at Cherry On Top, but this was the gorgeous one I scored with Lucy on Saturday!)





No comments: