Sunday, July 21, 2024

The Meet-Up

Finally I managed to set up a playdate for yesterday where Bailey and Lucy could meet. I felt in my very bones that they would be such good pals and as soon as Lucy told Bailey that she has a king size 4-pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and was planning to share them with her it was ON!! Bailey did take a little while to ease in and feel comfortable, and sweetie pie that Lucy is, she applied zero pressure and allowed Bailey time to adjust. They swam, talked about their love of Dragon Girls books, danced, ate chickie nugs, watched YouTube vids on Lucy's iPad, traded stories of what their Christmas elf got up to last year, and practiced with Lucy's silks. When we dropped Bailey off (I scored hugs from nephew Sean!), the two gals said goodbye with a big embrace and I about melted into a big glob of goo right there on the curb. Can't wait to get them together again!!










No comments: