Monday, July 29, 2024

June 2024 Books

* Breath ¹ by James Nestor - This book was recommended to me in May by my wonderful endodontist. I've been having loads of dental issues since Fall of last year and it has been stressing me out. She was so sweet and texted me one night to check in on me. She mentioned this book and that it might be helpful in regards to my stress levels driving me to clench my jaw and therefore crack my teeth. It was absolutely fascinating and I'm so glad I bought the audiobook off Audible, as I will definitely listen to it again. 



The Haunted Bridge by Carolyn Keene

* A Little Princess ¹ by Frances Hogson Burnett - This was different from the film version and did not have my favourite moment (the scene with Queen Victoria) but it was really wonderful. 
* Detective Duck - The Case of the Strange Splash ¹ by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver - This was a mega-short book that Jax and I listened to, since we are big Winkler/Oliver fans. It was cute, but I hardly remember anything about it, so that means I need to listen to it again!
¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: