Friday, December 30, 2022

November 2022 Books

♥ A Pocketful of Happiness ¹ by Richard E. Grant - What a lovely man and a wonderful memoir. 

The Marble Faun of Grey Gardens ¹ by Tony Maietta and Jerry Torre - This was a great look into the later lives of Edie and Mrs. Beale of Grey Gardens. What a great kid Jerry was to befriend these ladies and lend a hand in making their lives better and safer. 

♥ How Y'all Doing ¹ by Leslie Jordan

No Filter ¹ by Paulina Porizkova - This book was a series of essays that were very well written and beautifully read by Ms. Porizkova. I saw her last year on StyleLikeU's What's Underneath series and instantly liked her. I began to follow her on the 'gram and was super excited when she mentioned publishing a new book. It didn't disappoint.

Playing Under the Piano ¹ by Hugh Bonneville - Like Judi Dench's book, this covered a lot of Bonneville's life on the stage, which was interesting but I know virtually nothing of the world of English Theatre, but it was told in a way that drew me right in. A great read.

Hombre Perro by Dav Pilkey - I thought since this was a kid's book that I would sail through the Spanish version. Nope. Not a chance. It was good but I felt frustrated throughout the entire thing, trying to decipher the unknown words in between the ones I did.

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: