Friday, December 9, 2022

Christmas-ing with Lucy!

Tonight I went over to Dave and Stacey's to hang out with Lucy, just us two, for the first time. I bought us matching Blueys plus a hat-scarf-glove set featuring Bluey and her sister Bingo just for Miss Lucy. My sister-in-law was kind enough to let me take her super-safe SUV to go check out the house off Silverside in Delaware. I wanted Lucy to see the house all lit up for the holiday. The place looked wonderful, as usual, but Lucy wasn't as excited as I had hoped. She did get a chance to chat with Santa and even asked, "can we take a picture together, please?" Such good manners! After that we hit Wawa for grub then back to her place to start colouring the Sunnie Press Mountain Town and get in a little photo shoot. Then Mama Stacey came home and we played Go Fish and chatted til Papa Dave came in to have a tickle torture battle with his daughter. I'm already looking forward to the next time Lucy and I can kick her parents out of the house and we can goof off again. She is an absolute delight to be with.












After gabbing with Santa and getting a picture together, Lucy hopped off and said, "have a Merry Christmas, Santa." Oh like a shot to the heart - her cuteness is unreal. Then on the drive home she linked her iPad to my phone's hotspot to watch a video. Things went silent and then she said, "I think something's wrong with the internet... [video comes back on after 11 seconds] ...oh no, it must have just been a dead zone. Yeah, we were in a dead zone." Adorable!










"Hot Cocoa Open for Business!!"


No comments: