Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas-ing with Bailey

Tonight I braved the insane New Jersey weather - it started out in the mid-forties - reaching Bailey's place at 4ish in Delaware at 25 degrees and dropping her off at 15 degrees only three hours later. I wanted to finally show her the house off Silverside and snap tons of Christmas Eve-Eve photos together while we admired all the glorious holiday lights. We arrived at quarter to five then drove around nearby neighbourhoods until 5pm when the lights are scheduled to illuminate the entire street (you can see the house lights from I-95!). It was 5:05 then 5:15 and 5:30 - no lights. I texted Stacey who checked the Facebook page and there were no notifications that the family was away or that the lights would not go on due to the thrashing wind and extreme cold. So Bailey and I took selfies in the car, chatted, ate Pink Lady apples, and did a few Duolingo Spanish lessons. Finally by 6pm we threw in the proverbial towel. We were both very disappointed but managed to look on the bright side and left saying how we were glad we got to hang out and chat and saw that stunning farmhouse up the road in the development with all the cute homes. Then it was back to her place to be silly with Avery and chat a bit with Sean and Ashlee. Things remain a bit awkward with me and Ash and I'm still not entirely sure why we seem to no longer be friends, but I guess I just have to let it go and be grateful that she still lets me over to pick up Bailey and maybe one day, Avery. I do still miss the bond Ashlee and I once shared, as she was my other half for nearly a decade. Regardless, I got a nice, long, warm embrace from her and was smothered with hugs and kisses from Miss Avery. Oh and I got to see Farley!! The softest pup in the world. Bailey and I hope to get together in January and go out for some Snap pizza and gab some more. She's a wonderful gal and I'm truly blessed to have her in my life.







Bailey made this out of a piece of a tree trunk!

And Avery did this ornament out of a plastic lid. It's either a donut or a wreath or maybe just something abstract.



No comments: