Saturday, December 10, 2022

Books & Cooks Tour 2022

I had big plans for this year's Books & Cooks weekend with Jax. I was gonna get him Friday after school and we'd sleep over at Mum's and stay up late baking cookies together then get started Saturday morning with delivering to everyone in South Jersey. On Sunday we would visit Wycoff's before scooting on up to Amy's farm so he could meet all the chickens and turk-turks. Well, late last month Xavier said that Jackson didn't want to spend the whole weekend away from home. I was crushed. "He's getting too old to want to hang out with you," I thought to myself, "You are lame and boring and he'd rather play video games then drive around listening to another Christmas mix and delivering cookies to people. Life is officially over." So I messaged Amy and Kayla to say that I would just see each of them on my own. I was in a horrible dump for a couple weeks, because I was so looking forward to a fun-filled weekend with my fave 10 year old and it seemed it wasn't going to happen. Then he got sick three days ago. And tested positive for strep throat on Friday. Oh well, I figured, I'll deliver the cookies myself and that's it. But the antibiotics helped and Jackson still wanted to come over to do the Saturday deliveries. He got dropped off at noon and we hit up Bishop, Aunt Berne, then down to Dave, Stacey, and Lucy. Hunger began to strike our bellies so we went to Snap Pizza in Bryn Mawr where we saw the nice fella behind the counter from last time. We each had our own Margherita pizzas (mine was vegan) and indulged in New Hope Premium Fountain drinks - Skinny Root Beer for Jackson and Cane Cola for me - and they are thee best sodas ever. New Hope needs to replace Coke and Pepsi permanently. We only had one last delivery, to MeMom and Pop back in Jersey, so I decided he and I should go to Barnes and Noble in Devon first. He got a Lord of the Rings book and I got Christmas cards for next year and a couple books. I was falling asleep on the way to my in-laws but Jax kept me awake talking about the comedy specials he'd been watching. At last we arrived and it was great to see MeMom and Pop to catch up for a bit. Finally we were back to Jax's house to see Xavier and go for a drive in his "new" truck. All in all, it was a super-fun day and Jax said he definitely wants to continue the Books & Cooks Tour tradition next year and maybe expand our recipients. Woohoo!













No comments: