Monday, April 19, 2021

Revolutionary Love - Live

I used to go to an Ani DiFranco concert whenever she was in the area but her fans get on my nerves. They'd yell at her stupid shit like "I love you, Ani!!" or shout the names of songs for her to sing. It was really disrespectful and I just stopped going. Then I got an email a month or so ago about her having a virtual concert for her newest album, Revolutionary Love. What? An Ani concert with NO obnoxious fans? Yes, please! I so hope that artists and comics continue to do virtual shows (after Corona drops dead) every once in a while for the people that can't get out or don't wanna deal with the crowds of a concert.






It was a solid show but I thought it was gonna be live instead of being obviously pre-recorded (in January of this year as the credits stated.) It felt like a documentary that was uploaded for us to view. Kinda a little lame and took a bit of the fun out of imagining it as a real-time live show but I'm still glad I attended, so to speak. Ani's hair is growing out from when she shaved it and it's very Laurie Anderson. She's gotten older and seeing the laugh lines around her mouth and eyes, the wrinkles on her neck, made me feel better about me getting and looking old. Ani has always been an easy person to look up to and seeing people my age look their age without shame makes my life a lil' easier. Oh and here's a little bonus - a postcard Ani got in Japan.

No comments: