Friday, April 30, 2021

Nemo's Dreamscapes

I discovered this YouTube channel at Maria Bamford's slumber party. She had it playing in the background at night-night time and I instantly loved it. Thankfully someone mentioned the name on the little group Chat and I wrote it down. Nemo's Dreamscapes also has an album available (I snapped it up and am thoroughly enjoying it) and a Patreon page for those that want to help support them financially (which I would consider if it weren't for the fact that "Nemo" refers to all of their supporters as "guys"). The YouTube channel features oldies - think 1920s-40s - that have additional sounds incorporated, such as rain and thunder or a crackling fire, all at a set volume so that the music sounds like it's coming from another room. This one is my fave and it's so soothing: Oldies playing in another room but you're in a dream. You can also buy an mp3 of certain tracks on Gumroad, which I think I might do. The one of oldies playing in another room - nap on a Summer day is in my cart.

No comments: