Friday, April 2, 2021

Brooches Under Glass

My pin/brooch collection is housed in a sweet little glass box that used to belong to Nana Irma. It always sat on display on a table (??) or maybe the windowsill (??) of the landing to the second floor of the house on Jericho. It used to have an arrangement of fake flowers and for some reason as a child I always loved the box. I'm assuming at some point Nana had asked if there was anything from the house that I wanted. I said this and a set of three nesting coloured glass plates that sat on a small side table and also that little side table. I got them all but this box she gave me right away. I was probably a teenager and so I tore out the garish fake flowers and cleaned it up to hold jewellery. Three decades later and it still serves that same purpose and I still love it.





(Stand-outs are the alligator, which was a gift from Nancy, my brother-from-another-mother, Wayne's mom. The pumpkin, the black hatted kitty, and bat are from grade school and that winkin' owl is glow-in-the-dark! Oh and the B stick pin was Aunt Berne's.)

No comments: