Monday, April 5, 2021

An Old Familiar Face

I hadn't seen Bishop since his bday on December 31st. He's not in to Skype/Google Duo/FaceTime so for the past few months we've communicated only via Instagram DMs and text. Saturday he called to say he had a surplus of vegan soup (actually he said that he made too much soup and there was merely an eighth of an inch left in his gigantic crock pot) and would I like a container full. Would I?! So I masked it up and met him outside his place today to chat for about a half hour on one of his breaks. We caught one another up on family members who hadn't been doing well, what we'll do together once we are both fully vaxed, as well as newly discovered albums like serpentwithfeet's DEACON and a-ha's Hunting High and Low. (I'm sure you can guess which album goes with which of us.) Then it was a selfie and a quick squeeze goodbye. I really hope his stupid county gets on the ball and schedules his first vax shot. The weather is getting better and we wanna picnic at Grounds for Sculpture and hit Princeton for records and books!


No comments: