Thursday, August 24, 2017

What Best Friends Are For

Last night was not great. In fact it stunk out loud. As luck would have it, BFF Amy texted me right when I needed her. 



I'm almost completely guilt free about what happened because I did everything right and was not careless, but I feel absolutely wretched that I was the one that killed that poor little creature. When I'm having a horrible day or depressed, I'll watch silly or cute videos of animals online. Now whenever there's a cat one on IG I'm reminded of my kitty's last moments and how it was all my fault. I can't help feeling that from now on, every time I pull out of a parking space or see the feral cats at my complex, or even a cat, I'll replay what happened. 

Luckily this afternoon I had a coaching session at work with my advisor, who is just a wonderful and warm lady that I really do adore. Karen started off and asked how I was and I said "I'm fine", to which she immediately replied, "what's wrong...." Her sympathetic tone caused me to immediately burst into tears and confess that I accidentally killed a feral cat last night. She spent the next thirty five minutes calming me down. Before we hung up I had already started to feel better. True to form, I've filled out a thank you note to her and will drop it in the mail at the end of my shift. She deserves it! Kindness is never out of style and I'm so thankful to have so many kind and loving people in my life.

No comments: