Monday, August 14, 2017

Gwen Guthrie Bringin' Us Together

These past couple years Bishop and I seem to be drifting apart a bit. I feel like he's not putting any effort into our friendship and that if we were dating, I'd have broken up with him ages ago. But I love the big lug and so I see him when I want to, rather than feeling I have to go over every Sunday. I have sort of accepted that this is the way it is now. I can either take the time he's willing to dole out to me or walk away. There's over a decades worth of history with us, with some very sweet moments of real compassion and love, herds and herds of laughs and a strong connection that I really miss. I'm not quite ready to release all that for good. Then tonight I get a text like this one and I feel like melted velvet all over.

No comments: