Friday, August 25, 2017

Dorothy Loudon

Last night I watched the effervescent Alexandra Billings' (oh my gosh, I adore her!!) Instagram story. It featured tons of clips of Dorothy Loudon. Ms. Billings does this a lot and previously I've known all of the artists - Eartha Kitt, Judy, Ethel Merman, Elaine Stritch, etc. - but Ms. Loudon was completely unknown to me. I dashed over to iTunes and downloaded the Original Broadway Cast recording of Ballroom and am currently obsessed with the song Fifty Percent. I have listened to it all day at work and have had YouTube clips of her playing in the background. Her interview on Merv Griffin made it clear that she was a warm and funny lady. I had to message Ms. Billings and thank her for introducing me to such a magnetic performer. If you, dear reader, do not know of Dorothy Loudon - check her out. She is spectacular.




No comments: