Friday, August 18, 2017

Sweetness Overload!

This text from Kayla last night definitely made up for the crappy one I'd received earlier in the day from my godson. I asked MJ when he was free to hang out and he said April. April. When I assumed he was kidding he said he wasn't and that April was better for him because that's when school slows down. I'd like to point out that it is in fact still Summer right now and he is not currently in school. Clearly his response was code for "I have zero interest in seeing you." Like, seriously? You can't spare two hours on a Saturday or Sunday within the next eight months to have me pick your ass up and buy you lunch while providing stirring and enlightening conversation? Ugh, I was so annoyed and hurt. Anyway, Kayla, who I'd like to point out is an A student who takes her academic life extremely seriously, does make time for me and is actually looking forward to hanging out on Sunday. She texted me out of the blue and for no reason. That's the best isn't it? When someone just sends you a message to say hi with no questions or favours; just wanting to say hello. I love it. And I love Kay. 


No comments: