Monday, October 13, 2014

Walking Dead

Got a chance to see the season 5 premiere over at Pax and Bishop's last night. Thankfully, Pax is a die hard zombie fan so I can watch the show live and not wait til it is released on DVD. Pax is actually responsible for getting me into the zombie genre. Years and years ago, when he was out on leave due to surgery, I stopped over on my day off so we could have a George Romero marathon. I've been hooked ever since.
Clearly my fave characters on The Walking Dead are Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier. I wasn't super crazy about Carol in the beginning, but man, her character has had such an incredible journey and kudos to the writers for making her arc so exceptional. She started out as a wussy, abused woman with very little backbone and now, with the help and support of the rest of the team, she holds her own and kicks some hardcore ass; especially in last night's ep. I adore the suppressed romance between Carol and Daryl and last night's reunion of those two felt like I had been trapped underwater for too long and then finally burst through the surface to grab a huge gulp of air. It was a spectacular episode and seeing Lennie James at the very, very end, only made me happier. Can't wait til next Sunday!

No comments: