Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nana's 93rd Bday

I stopped by Nana's this evening at 4ish, after everyone had left. I wanted some one on one time with one of my favourite ladies. She had me doubled over laughing before I even had a chance to put my bag down. "Oh it was a wonderful day," Nana said, "I saw everyone. I was so excited that as soon as they left I took a Percocet." This is a gal that knows how to relax.

One of the things I like best about Nan is that no matter what her level of pain is, she never lets on and is just a pure delight to be around. She always brightens up and is truly happy to see all of her loved ones.

The highlight of my brief stay was when she told me, "You know that program that I like, well last night they only had one 'fuck' in the whole show!" Oh my god, did my grandmother just drop the f-bomb??! She loves to shock, lives for it, and never lets us down. "There's so much profanity these days," Nana continued, "I was amazed that there was only one." (But we both agree that excessive profanity is only acceptable when said by the Brits. They make everything sound beautiful.)

All in all, Nana Irma's birthday was a big hit; she got a chance to see two of her sons, their ladies, her favourite daughter-in-law (Mama Rose), three grandchildren and one great-granddaughter (plus phone calls from her other grand-kids). Any day where this gal is happy is a gorgeous day indeed. xoxo

(note: this photo was taken on Nana's 90th birthday)

No comments: