Thursday, May 30, 2024

May 2024 Donations

The Colonial Theatre

HELP THE COLONIAL THEATRE BRING THAT THING YOU DO! TO THE COLONIAL THEATRE!
We’re raising $1,500 to help cover the rising costs associated with bringing 35mm titles to our nonprofit theatre. The Colonial Theatre belongs to the approximately 2% of theatres in the country that still present film on 35mm. Often times, ticket sales alone do not offset the initial investment required to offer these special film presentations to our patrons. Do you love our 35mm film programs? Do you love the Oneders? Here’s your chance to show your support.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE AND HELP US REACH OUR $1,500 GOAL BY JUNE 14
That Thing You Do! (1996), written and directed by Tom Hanks, chronicles the meteoric rise of The Wonders, a fictional pop band from Erie, Pennsylvania. With your generous support, The Colonial Theatre is excited to bring this hilarious, heartwarming film in its original 35mm format to the 1903 Theatre!

ps - When this film came out I was at the library in my parents' county and saw that they had a bunch of film goodies that you could buy and the proceeds would go to the library. I scored, for maybe five bucks, a 45 of the title theme. I still have it!
(I also got a Barbershop brush for after I shave my hair that I still use plus a t-shirt and bag for The Truth About Cats and Dogs, which I grew out of in size and style-sense.)

BONUS (Since I forgot to donate in April.)

Tees 4 Togo

I splurged on some Rebel Girl merch this month in anticipation of Ms. Hanna's memoir.

100% of the profits from TEES 4 TOGO go to Peace Sisters a group started by Tina Kampor who has been sending money back to Dapaong, Togo for 15 years so girls in her hometown can attend school.

Each shirt costs $40, which is how much it costs to send a girl to school in Togo for one year.  

The sweatshop-free shirts are collaborations between the artists and the performers who inspired them. They all donated their time and likeness to help girls in West Africa receive the educations they deserve.

- Kathleen Hanna
(photo of Tina Kampor and Kathleen Hanna kidnapped from rollingstone)

Hornet Fun Run

I also donated a hundred bucks to Lucy to help raise funds for playground enhancements and social emotional learning spaces. 

Please join me in the Low Budget Philanthropy movement and help out your community and beyond in the simplest way - donating any amount to whatever charity or organisation that you care about!

No comments: