Friday, May 31, 2024

April 2024 Books

* Nancy Drew: The Whispering Statue by Carolyn Keene - I'm about halfway through my collection of author Mildred Wirt Benson's Nancy Drew mysteries and for a split second I felt kinda sad. Then I realised...wait a minute....I can just go back and re-read them! And I fully intend to do just that. I mean, it's only been a month since I read this and I've kind of forgotten most of it. That's the beauty of having a faulty brain that doesn't quite hold on to everything it takes in! 

* Highlander Ever After by Paula Quinn - When Kayla and I were in Doylestown we popped in to a fantastic used book shop and I got this irresistible historical romance. If the cover makes me laugh and especially if it's set in Scotland, I can't say no. It was pretty good in the beginning but it's not one that I kept. I dropped it off at a Little Free Library for some other sad, silly spinster to pick up and read.

The Remake: As Time Goes By by Stephen Humphrey Bogart

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: