Saturday, September 30, 2023

September 2023 Books

Sure I'll Join Your Cult ¹ by Maria Bamford - Maria's honest take on her experiences with mental illness was completely refreshing and unlike anything else. Who knew I could love her more than I did before reading this?!

The Prophet ¹ by Kahlil Gibran - Absolutely gorgeous and Riz Ahmed's voice was like a dream.

Little Women ¹ by Louisa May Alcott

♥ King of the Weeds ¹ by Mickey Spillane and Max Allan Collins - Oh this was such a fantastic Hammer book with a real scumbag baddie. But like always, I knew Mike would get him in the end!

♥ All in All ¹ by Stacy Keach - Even better the second time around.

** The Message in the Hollow Oak by Carolyn Keene

♥ Tales of the City ¹ by Armistead Maupin

More Tales of the City ¹ by Armistead Maupin 

♥ Further Tales of the City ¹ by Armistead Maupin - Without question one of the best of the series. It had been years since I read it (in Dublin 2018) and so much of it had slipped from my mind. The whole Jim Jones plot-line made this a mega page turner. Frances McDormand did a fab job of narrating and made me LOL every time she, as Prue Giroux, hollered for Vuitton. 

* Babycakes ¹ by Armistead Maupin - Alan Cumming's narration actually made it possible for me to stomach the bits about that horrid Mary Ann Singleton. He was excellent.

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: