Thursday, December 15, 2016

Weary Walkabout

Good lord. Today was, how do you say? A complete and utter bust! I dragged my arse out of bed and left the house at quarter to one with a single mission: to deposit a £500 check from Anne into her Barclay account. God damn Google maps had me walk 40 minutes to some little neighbourhood on a tiny street. Yeah, nary a bank in sight. However, I did see this charming bicycle outside a sweet lil' home:


I was not ready to give up. There was supposedly a Barclay Bank near Iveagh Gardens, another twenty minutes-ish away. Blah. Made a quick pit stop to the loo at Dublin Castle then fought my way through the crowds on Grafton Street, past The Green, where the sun was blinding and then finally reached Hatch Street. Yeah, that branch was the corporate building and therefore NOT an actual bank. Now I was an hours walk from home and ready for an afternoon nap. But on the way back I cut through Iveagh Gardens, which was nice and rather quiet, so not a complete loss.


I rewarded myself with more sweets from Blazing Salads, but I didn't want the day to be a total waste so I hoofed it down Henry Street in search of Paperchase. Yup, couldn't find it. "Bullocks!!!" I thought, shaking my fist in the air, "I give up!" Slowly made my way back to SLP to collapse and do fuck all for the rest of the night. Tomorrow I am off to Antwerpen!!

No comments: