Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crossing Over

I can't seem to travel somewhere without having one of Helen Coldwell's beautiful travel books as my companion. This next trip of mine is the longest I've taken so I upgraded to the largest journal Helen offers. My instructions to Miss Helen were as follows:

I was thinking of, as I said, going with the A5 Travel Journal - 6x9 with the following:

cover - black
thread for binding - pink or some bright, fun colour
quote - attraversiamo
quote printed in white letters on black
inside pattern - chevron in pink and white (or in a bright colour you think will go well with pink)
inside accent pages - fun, bright, bold colours maybe yellow, pink, purple, teal, lime - you choose!


I know you will work your mojo and construct the baddest book imaginable. The world expects nothing less than perfect from you and you always seem to deliver.


I did catch a sneak peek of the chevron design when Helen posted a pic on her Instagram feed and became giddy at the thought that soon it would be joining me on a plane, a train, the beach, the city ruins, beside cathedrals, overlooking mountains beside a lake, and curled up with me at night in front of the telly. Finally holding it in my hands, I could not possibly be any happier with it. She once again outdid herself and created the loveliest journal I could imagine. How lucky am I?




 
 

No comments: