Friday, January 16, 2015

Women Are Fucking Hilarious

There are so many truly funny ladies out there, but here's just a few of my absolute faves!

Barbara Streisand (For me, the original funny girl. I always liked that if she said something witty, she often giggled after. It made her seem real and charming and somehow really relatable.)
Margaret Cho (I've seen this lady perform live twice and she was side-splittingly funny.)
Sandra Bernhard (Bishop and I constantly quote lines from her stand up act and still laugh like hell.)
Tina Fey (Her audiobook reading of Bossypants has got me through so many crappy days at work and long drives while trapped in hellacious traffic. I never tire of it and every time I will bust out laughing.)
Ellen DeGeneres (Her long winded stories and their twists and turns always had me in sutures.)
Lucille Ball (The ultimate in slapstick humour.)
Bea Arthur (The queen of expressions that will bring you to your knees.)
Sarah Jessica Parker (Great comedic timing and comfortable doing pratfalls and looking silly - ya gotta love this gal!)
Jennifer Saunders (Her writing on Absolutely Fabulous made my senior year of high school bearable!)
Joanna Lumley (She will always be Patsy to me and to this day, her performance on that series is flawless.)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (This woman continues to kick ass in every show she attempts and brings the laughs like no one else.)
Rosie O'Donnell (Her standup back in the late 80s used to have me in tears!!)
Kaitlin Olson (This is a woman that is fearless when it comes to making herself look absolutely ridiculous and doing it just to make the viewer laugh - I admire her SO much for this quality.)
Miranda Hart (Loved her on Call the Midwife and adore her wit and humour in all that she does.)
Jane Lynch (This lady excels at cracking wise and does it like no one else.)
Maggie Smith (Her spot on delivery of snootie lines may never be matched.)
Dawn French (Ms. French is the perfect combination of sweet and sassy with a dash of cheekiness.)
Judy Garland (Crackerjack storyteller. Her guest appearances on Jack Paar meant a guaran-damn-tee for a great time. And listening to her banter with the audience at her live shows was as exhilarating as hearing her sing. A dynamic performer - full stop.)
Swoosie Kurtz (Love this woman in everything I've ever seen her do and she was the funniest character on Pushing Daisies and that's saying something.)
Betty White (In a word: versatile.)
Gilda Radner (Unbelievably original.)
Olympia Dukakis (A woman that is this gifted and able to play comedy in so many different ways and then switch it all up on you, deserves my adoration, that's for damn sure.)
Bonnie Hunt (Remarkably talented.)
Carol Burnett (Absolutely, positively one of the funniest women ever created.)
Madeline Kahn (Her performance in Clue is still quoted by friends and family when attempting to describe one's level of anger. Flames...on the side of my face...)
Yvette Nicole Brown (Brilliant timing and delivery. Such a delight to watch!)
Maria Bamford (Recently discovered this gal and her strange brand of humour is right up my dark and scary, weirdo alley.)

No comments: