Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Winter

There is one major downfall for me when the winter weather starts rollin' in and that's the sad fact that I have no heat at my place. In the 9 years I've been here the heater has worked only two seasons. It's been replaced and looked at and blah, blah, blah, but it's at a point now where I've given up. However, I have a slew of candles, a couple lil' space heaters, tons of blankets and occasionally, someone to curl up beside, so I make it through all right. But here are the bestest things about the upcoming season and I can't wait!

Bishop & Pax's fireplace a-goin'
Sleeves' fire pit
blankets
rosy pink cheeks
sledding
snow angels
snow forts
fuzzy slippers
knitting a new scarf
flickering candles
the sound of crunching snow
shoveling the drive
hot cocoa
cider
getting snowed in and having the day off
gloves
scarves
big, puffy snow suits on little kids
boots
extra socks
Christmas
-trees
-movies
-stories
-music
-buying gifts
-crazy houses with mega lights
New Year's Eve/Bishop's Bday
winter break
sleepovers
cabin fever
sniffles
Valentine's Day
stay in and read
flannel sheets (mine have monkeys and owls!)
winter jammies
hot tea
Harry Potter
The Lord of the Rings (remember those three years where every December came a new Harry Potter or Rings movie? Those were good times...)
having the heat in my car on full blast and feel myself defrost
real/phony Ugg boots
super hot steamy baths
puffy coats and that smooshy sound they make when people swing their arms
naked trees
seeing your breath
bundling up under lots and lots of blankets
lil red noses
Scott Walker (Scott & Scott 3)

1 comment:

Cerpts said...

Oi, I have red rosy cheeks in the middle of summer as well!