Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Makin' Me Smile

1. This kid right here:



2. Getting mail! Letters from my niece Bella and my cousin Emily and packages from Amazon. This past week I got a bonus postcard from my six year old nephew who asked, "Dear Star, When can we get together? Love, Logan"

3. Conversations with Michael. We may be the only people who have weekly discussions about topics such as Buddhism, the Catholic Church, interactions with the mentally ill and addicted as well as with convicted murderers and then seamlessly transition to our favourite sex acts and positions. We usually end the evening cracking up laughing at how we go from transcendental to downright filthy. We wouldn't have it any other way.

4. The Feminist Ryan Gosling Blog - this site is stinkin' hysterical and informative. Love it.

5. Getting new stickers and adding them to my latest sticker book - because I am five and a half and it's 1984.

6. Lately I can't stop daydreaming about my upcoming trip to Italy with my niece, Nicole. I can see us walking through Rome at night, dodging the gypsies and checking out dreamy Italian men, sitting on the Spanish Steps, and gorging ourselves on pizza and gelato. But mostly I see me photographing her incessantly. Nicole is one of my all time favourite subjects. She is statuesque, strikingly beautiful, with an engaging smile, lovely green eyes, and an air of elegance.

7. Talking to a very pregnant Marina in Colombia over FaceTime for the first five hours of my shift. We just couldn't stop talking. With so many miles between us, it's so wonderful to see her face and hear her voice.

8. Being totally done all Christmas shopping before December. Tonight I stamp all the cards and tomorrow I get J9's gifties through the post, wrap 'em up and I am DONE! That is the only way I can make December as stress free as possible.

9. Seein' the fellas at the library - saw Langston and Jack last night but couldn't stay to chat. By the time I got home I had a text from Langston that read, "Thinking of you star!" I'll be stopping in tomorrow after work to catch up on all things Langston. Man I'm lucky. I am utterly surrounded by fabulous people.

10. Random photos of people planking. This one had me in tears. I know planking is so twelve minutes ago, but my god, it's freakin' funny. I'm pretty sure this one would be filed under Mildly Dangerous.


(photo kidnapped from buzzfeed)

Bonus - Watching Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy act - they are both so unbelievably talented while remaining quite easy on the eyes. Have ya seen Shame? I saw it months and months ago and it still won't leave me. Best performance I've seen in a long damn time.  

No comments: