Why do I continue to buy tickets to events that I know I will hate? Well, back in
May I gleefully purchased two tickets to see LP in Philly, hoping that Kayla could get the night off work. Fast forward to last night and Kay had to work til 11pm and so I was left to go by myself. It is pure hell not having anyone like the things I like. All day Saturday my stomach was in knots and I was dreading going. I looked up the setlists from previous shows and it would essentially be the entire new album,
Room 12, followed by the full album of
Lost On You. So I put on my bravery trousers (AKA big-girl pants) and went across the bridge to arrive by 8, right at showtime. I was halfway hoping that there wouldn't be any parky spots left and I could just go home. The universe granted me a spot (for $32.13, which is absolutely highway robbery) with zero issues and so I made my way to the venue. No waiting in line, I got right in and found a little spot against the wall all the way in the back by the bar. Ten minutes of waiting and they hit the stage. LP's vocals were absolutely flawless. FLAWLESS. I stayed until 10pm then snuck out after they finished singing
Other People. It was a great show but I will never go to another concert again (except for when Jackson makes it big and goes on tour). Nothing is worth the stress that goes with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment