July
** Training John and Murray ¹ by Martin Clunes - Driving around listening to the adorable Martin Clunes narrate this was pure bliss. Now, I don't own dogs, never have and never will, sadly, but I do love puppers and had no idea how insane it could be to train littermates. Only Clunes could make this topic fun and intriguing. I hope he writes more books!

♥ Narwhal's Otter Friend by Ben Clanton - Oh my goodness, these books just get cuter and cuter. One day I hope to have the complete set!

♥ People Like Us by Dominick Dunne - This was one of my favourite Dunne novels. I know that pretty much all of his fiction books center around high society, but I never get tired of reading his descriptions of the opulence.

August
* Kids, Wait Till You Hear This! ¹ by Liza Minnelli - Oh my gosh, Liza is so over-the-top but truly comes across as genuine. I'm sure she means it when she says she loves me, the listener, but it's a bit unhinged. Anyway, this was a fab memoir and I'm glad she narrated, even though I needed to run it at 1.45 speed. She dished the dirt and made no apologies for her many love affairs and also owns her mistakes. The best part that made me howl with laughter was when she discussed her dipshit last husband and ended a tirade with "Loser." - oh my gosh, hilarious! I'm glad I bought this audiobook because I'll definitely listen to it again in a few years.
¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.
No comments:
Post a Comment