Monday, August 24, 2026

My Favourite Drummer

I am so loving all the time I've gotten to spend with Jax this Summer - seven days in August already! Today I picked him up at his friends' house, where he spent the night and early morning practicing with them and additional pals that have formed a Rush cover band. I arrived and we packed Phineas to the proverbial gills with his drum kit and took it back home. Then we went for dessert at Lena's Water Ice, Lowe's to pick out paint samples (he was such a big help!!), and then dinner at Greens & Grains. As always, Jackson played DJ in the car and he switched my Ozzy playlist off and put on Rush. I never thought I'd like their music - love the fellas of Rush, but could never get into their songs - but Jax has broken me down and now I actually like them for real. I'm so lucky to have had this kid as one of my besties since he was a wee lil' babe.




No comments: