Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Turn of the Century Me

In an old journal from probably just after 9-11 into the first few months of 2002, I wrote a list of things that made up who I was. The people I loved and relationships that shaped me, the artists that moved me, and the things I dug, from childhood up until that day.



Sid
Toy Story
Jacinda Barrett 
Neil 
Amy
Rachel
Cole - Ash - Matthew
Emma & Me
Me & Donna
Me & Autumn
Me & G(rand)parents
Blues Bros.
Sylvia Plath
Henry Rollins
Morrissey
David Bowie
Anne Sexton
Jean-Michel Basquiat
Italy
SARK
me in bubble gum shirt
shoes from Kathleen
Hawn
Kurt
the moon
stars
mothballs
purple
the hair (from mullet to black to blue to blonde to purple)
Ann Jillian
Judy
Pier 1
Hayes
pictures
Keith Haring
AIDS
Brendan Sexton III
Plymouth Horizon
Depeche Mode
UB40
Ani
butterflies
concert ticket stubs
Alice in Wonderland
Joy
June
vacation to Williamsburg
Snoopy
my bed
my Army hat
my Army jacket
tix from laser shows
trip to North Carolina
the café
Bruce Campbell Day
MASH
Moonlighting
Seinfeld
Secret Lives of Men
Bosom Buddies
Krispy Kreme 
Virginia
Rugrats {merch, mostly}
Ewan McGregor
The Black Stallion
horses
Star Wars
purple chair
brownies
Margherita pizza
Madonna
Carla
Eddie Vedder
Flea
daisies
snowglobes
trees
graveyards
Angelina Jolie
castles
chocolate 
Rocky
Philadelphia
Jericho Road
dance
art
Nick at Nite
fashion
Isaac Mizrahi
David Lynch
records
Twin Peaks
airplanes
Tom Waits
gay rights

No comments: