Saturday, July 29, 2023

June 2023 Books

* Call Me Mrs. Brown ¹ by Brendan O'Carroll - This was a really good memoir that was brilliantly narrated. I have never seen Mrs. Brown's Boys but after seeing Brendan on an ep of the Graham Norton Show, I made a mental note to look him up and discovered his autobiography. He's a the best kind of Irishman - one who excels at storytelling. So glad I purchased it off Audible and can listen to it again.

♥ The Clue in the Diary by Carolyn Keene - I am so hooked on these Nancy Drew Mysteries and this one was another fab page-turner!

♥ Bookmarks are People, Too! ¹ by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver - I've read this a few times and I love the audiobook version, as read my Henry Winkler. This time I introduced it to Bailey when we hung out for the afternoon. The Here's Hank series of books are super cute and just as fun as the older Hank Zipzer ones.

* Simple Dreams ¹ by Linda Ronstadt - I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this not being read by Linda Ronstadt but Kathe Mazur really captured the author's essence in her narration. It was a good read, but I especially liked everything about her early life. 


¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: