Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Last of Us

(photo kidnapped from press-start)

Last night into very early this morning I was over Marina's and we got in the first three eps of The Last of Us. Loads of people had been talking about it and raving at how phenomenal the series is and that was certainly proved in the third episode. Nick Offerman has never been better and how stinkin' great is it to see Murray Bartlett in tons of super-fantastic TV shows these days?! God, he's so good in everything he does. Anyway, the two leads, Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey as Joel and Ellie, are interesting, but I can absolutely see that in the next few episodes I'll really get an intense feel for who they truly are. I'm hoping to see these two really bond. Marina wants me to watch every episode with her, but since she never reads this blog, I can admit that I doubt I'll be able to wait until who-knows-when so that we can hang out and see the remaining episodes. Sorry, lady, but I need to BINGE!

ps - Pedro Pascal. My god, that man is like a plague on my Instagram feed - he is everywhere I look. But from the handful of interviews and clips I've seen, he does seem like a genuinely decent guy. Also a bit dorky, which is always a plus for any human.
pps - Finished the season and it was absolutely spectacular. Oh, and I was right, Joel and Ellie bond and it is a beautiful thread through a fascinating series. 

No comments: