Friday, March 31, 2023

March 2023 Books

♥ Dragon's Fat Cat by Dav Pilkey - So cute!! I can't wait til October when I can read Dragon's Halloween. Dav Pilkey can literally do no wrong.


Braiding Sweetgrass ¹ by Robin Wall Kimmerer - This one was recommended to me by Natalia a couple years ago and I finally got around to it. The section on language was fascinating and this was definitely an important book that needed to be written. The author makes for an excellent narrator. Some parts were less intriguing than others but I'm still glad I listened to it.

♥ Carry On by John Lewis - What a brilliant, kind, extraordinary man. This book showcases his brilliance.

* Ratburger ¹ by David Walliams - This book was just okay. Not my fave David Walliams, that's for sure. But when Zoe's stepmum calls her Dad a "useless git of a husband" I broke out into hysterics and then later that Dad calls her an "evil cow" I was busting out laughing all over again. The last third of the book is what earned it the asterisk.

Jessamy Court by Anne Maybury - I loved Maybury's The Jeweled Daughter but felt genuinely let down by this one. I started reading Jessamy in 2022 but other stories took it over for the number one spot. I wasn't crazy about it from about halfway through but decided to keep reading until on the third chapter from the end. It just started to annoy me beyond belief and I put it down. But I went back, sped read and skipped a few pages til I read the end. Totally dumb.

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: