Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Mars Doughnut Has Landed!

Woke up to an email from Krispy Kreme alerting me to a new Mars doughnut. Instantly I thought it would have Mars bar cream filling. Then it mentioned something about a Perseverance Rover. "Oh...they mean the planet Mars..." Then I Googled it and discovered a bit about what was to happen today. Leave it to Krispy Kreme to keep me in the know for space missions!


(space.com had an article that was really interesting and gave a decent overview of what the Perseverance Rover is all about. This bit was my favourite: At the time of Perseverance's landing attempt, Mars will be about 127 million miles (205 million kilometers) from Earth, NASA said in a mission description. (The planet's distance from Earth changes as the two planets revolve around the sun in their respective orbits.) 127 MILLION miles?!!? So cool.)

No comments: