Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel

(photo kidnapped from modearte

Walked my arse on over to De Roma in Borgerhout to see Wes Anderson's latest film. The place was gorgeous; a lovely old theatre with a balcony and just the right amount of decay to make me fall in love with it. Reminded me of the Colonial in Phoenixville and the Castro out in San Francisco - just absolutely charming.


Oh and the movie? One of Wes' finest. That scene where Willem Dafoe chucks the cat out the window had me clutching my sides from laughing so hard. I wish I'd had more time to explore the Borgerhout neighbourhood. Next time, I guess!


 
 

(please excuse the craptasticness of the photos from my trip abroad - i had to take them with my iPhone and try not to seem obvious about it. baby was trying to blend in and seem like a local.)

No comments: