Thursday, September 18, 2014

Oh, What a Night...

In 2007 one of my closest gal pals at the time, Jenny Penny, and her friend, Sarah, had a brilliant idea. They decided to throw a Prom Again, the theme being Underneath the Sea. They figured that many of us needed a do-over for Senior Prom. This would allow formerly closeted gays to now proudly attend with their mate on their arm, rather than the beard they took originally. It also gave dorks like me who were too much of an outcast to go to the prom, a second chance. Most importantly, it provided everyone a reason to dress to the hilt or play it camp. I went camp and picked up a god awful purple number from the thrift shop for $3.25. I had to stand sideways for every photo or else I'd look like an apartment complex. It was less than flattering, but it was fun and fabulous and I felt like Alexis Colby from Dynasty. I actually won Best Dressed, if you can believe that. Jenny managed to set up a sea themed shower curtain as a backdrop and hired a professional photographer so we could have real prom photos. It was a fantastic evening with tasty grub, booze, great conversation, sensational music, and lots of laughs. I'd love to do it all over again and I just might.

Here I am hamming it up for the camera with my pal, Terri, who looked ravishing in a flowing I Dream of Jeannie get up.

Terri, Jenny, and me with my lil brother, Xavier
 

Lovely Miss Anne picked up a-mid 90s black dress for six bucks and paired it with a black feather boa - she was all sass and lots of class!
 

Miss Marina kept things simple and girlish in a strappy black cotton dress with white cotton T underneath.
Always a fan of red nails, Marina went all out with red earrings and lipstick then added the classic red cup while cuttin' loose on the dance floor. I think this was to a Gwen Stefani tune...

Here's Terri and her hubby, Dave. Terri finally got to take the man of her dreams to the Prom.
 

And here are all the ladies, Marina, Star, Jenny, Lisa, Sarah (i think???), Randall, and Anne
 

No comments: