Thursday, June 6, 2013

Road House



Years ago I was watching Clerks with commentary and Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier were talking about Road House - which I had not yet seen - and how they wish fans of films could run commentary on the DVDs. Brilliant idea. Last week, while searching my library's catalog (I think to see if they had a copy of Red State) I discovered that, holy shit, Kevin and Scott actually did commentary on a DVD copy of Road House!

So, last night after a long-ass day at work, followed by spending a few hours walking around Philly with Nicole, I got back home, kicked back in my favourite chair and hit play. No lie, I was in stitches. Kevin and Scott were spot on and actually made the film watchable. I especially enjoyed how they changed up those Chuck Norris lines and made them Dalton, Swayze's character. The best one? Dalton doesn't wash his clothes; he disembowels them. Fucking priceless. Ya know, I may just hafta go back and see it again just to count exactly how many times those fellas said the words "roundhouse kick" cause it was a lot.

No comments: