Monday, June 10, 2013

Random Talent

So, I have a strange and useless knack for explaining someone's appearance without using visual descriptions. Basically if someone without sight needed to know exactly how someone looks, I can assist with lightning fast speed and agility. However, this talent is of little use. But, I'm a bit of a showoff, so I'm going to tell youse all exactly what it's like to look at the two closest people in my life, and as a bonus, me as well.

Bishop - When someone takes laundry from the dryer and comes to where you are sitting and pours the contents over you, leaving you completely enveloped in warmth and surrounded by that clean, fresh smell. That's Bishop.

Marina - Looking at Marina is like when you are standing on the shore and the water reaches you just to your ankles and then slowly pulls back letting you sink deeper into the sand. That feeling of the sand between your toes and the earth shifting beneath you, leaving you with a strange combination of feelings - fear, exhilaration and comfort. That's what it's like to look at Marina's face.

And me - I look like a Thelonious Monk piece. It's not for everyone and only the rarest of people can appreciate it.

No comments: