Monday, December 17, 2012

Best Compliment

As someone who is incessantly giving compliments and rarely receiving them, the ones that are bestowed upon me get locked in my mind's vault. Probably the best compliment I have ever been given was on my 35th bday. I pulled into the driveway of my brothers' home and out ran Little Z, who was then six years old. Before I even got out of the car my nephew handed me a piece of lined paper that was folded into a tiny square. I opened it to reveal a drawing of the family celebrating and read "I love you more then pizzia." To which I said, "Seriously?!?" He smiled sheepishly and nodded. I then told him, "Well, I freakin' love you more than I love pizza and garlic knots COMBINED." His smiled faded, his mouth dropped open, and his eyes widened. Finally he said, "Wow....that's a lot." It sure the hell is. Seriously though, I am bananas for that kid.


(please note the beard on my brother as seen in blue at the party. also, i'm the gal in purple being showered by confetti because i'm "asome.")

No comments: