Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Bogmen

(photo kidnapped from maniadb)

This album is what I call 8-track worthy because every single song is excellent and there is never a need to skip past a track. In 1995 I worked at Blockbuster Music and we played this album endlessly. I've yet to meet anyone else who knows this group even among the most eclectic of listeners. I still remember spinning through the dial on my way to pick up Winnie (most likely trying to find a station that played Alanis' You Oughta Know which was always on somewhere in 1995) and hearing The Bogmen's Suddenly. I freaked out. Sadly, I never heard it again outside of my cd player, but it is still a fabulous album from start to finish.

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

It tastes just like it smells!

Star said...

and it smells oh-so-boggy.

Cerpts said...

YAY!