Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I ♥ Rob Sheffield!


(photo kidnapped from audiosuede)

A few month's back, Jack from the library added Love is a Mix Tape to my library queue. I checked it out and it definitely seemed like something I would truly enjoy. However, I read at my own pace and I wasn't about to bypass a book that I wanted to read for something someone else recommended. A couple weeks later, I remembered the book, went to Amazon and added it to my cart. It was then that I saw Sheffield's other book, Talking to Girls About Duran Duran. He had me at Duran. So I immediately bought that book, set aside everything else and dove in. I completely adored every page. As I reached the last few chapters, I knew I needed to buy Mix Tape so I could seemlessly go from the author's second book and backwards to his first. I'm loving Mix Tape as much as I loved Duran Duran. Sure hope this bloke is working on a third.


(photo kidnapped from barnesandnoble)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

What's LOVE IS A MIX TAPE about? Is it about mix tapes????? Cause you had me at mix tape!

Star said...

oh my god, you MUST read these books - they are SO you and i guarnatee you will love them both - especially LOVE IS A MIX TAPE. oh it's sooo good...

Cerpts said...

Ahh yes....my copy of LOVE IS A MIX TAPE arrived in the mail today.