Sunday, November 28, 2021

October 2021 Books

Along the Way ¹ by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez - I preferred listening to Martin's reading of his life rather than Emilio's. Thankfully it's cut up into chapters and I could just skip Emilio's parts. 

* Around the Way Girl ¹ by Taraji P. Henson - Oh my gosh, her father...when she said that he called everyone nigger - her (regardless of Taraji's age), his mother, his wife, and a white woman who tried to cut in front of him in line, I lost it. He was a character, that's for sure, and his genuine love for his daughter was the best part of the book for me. Ms. Henson does a stellar job narrating, making it seem like she's just sitting back and telling you her life story, rather than reading it in a recording booth. 

'Salem's Lot ¹ by Stephen King - My favourite King novel that I like to listen to every October. 

The Exorcist ¹ by William Peter Blatty

♥♥ Yours Cruelly, Elvira ¹ by Cassandra Peterson

Dolores Claiborne ¹ by Stephen King - An absolutely spectacular novel that was superbly read by Frances Sternhagen. I loved the concept of having the entire story told as a confession in a police station by Dolores. I have never seen the film version and went in to the book not knowing a thing about it. I'm so glad I did because I was on the edge of my seat and completely absorbed.

* Aunt Morelia and the Screaming Skulls by Joan Carris - This was a book I snapped up in the kids section of Baldwin's and saved it for October. It was just a fun read for a long hot bath.

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: