Thursday, February 3, 2022

Our Love Is A Mixtape

The Isley Brothers - This Ol' Heart of Mine
The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Fleetwood Mac - Bleed to Love Her
David Bowie - Modern Love
Stevie Wonder - I Believe
Hall & Oates - Kiss On My List
Van Morrison - Someone Like You
Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine
Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares for Me
Donny Hathaway - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
John Barry - Somewhere in Time
Justin Hayward & John Lodge - I Dreamed Last Night
Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle
Jamiroquai - Everyday
Francis Lai - Un homme et une femme
No Doubt - Stricken
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You
Ella Fitzgerald - I Hadn't Anyone 'til You
Lizz Wright - I'm Confessin' That I Love You 
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
Lionel Richie - Truly
Tom Waits - Johnsburg, IL
Velvet Underground & Nico - I'll Be Your Mirror
Ani DiFranco - Overlap
Wings - Silly Love Songs
Nelson Pigford & DeEtta Little - You Take My Heart Away
The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels
David Cassidy - I Think I Love You
The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
Judy Garland - Who?

Title shamelessly lifted from Rob Sheffield's wonderful book Love Is a Mix Tape and list is essentially my twenty fave love songs and then some.

No comments: