Sunday, February 27, 2022

Last Weekend in February

Yesterday I met up with the big brother in Wayne, PA for lunch at Teresa's Café, where we ate pizza and had a real conversation versus our usual surface talk about movies, TV shows, and stuff like that. After lunch we went shopping at Main Point Books where I picked up My Love Story by Tina Turner and Carry On by John Lewis and Wayne grabbed The World of Dracula puzzle. As we left Main Point and were gonna head over to the parky lot, I said, in a mock-Old English accent while gesturing grandly, "Shall we to the crosswalk?" At that moment a couple was getting out of their parked car in front of us and the woman, very blasé, said "We shall." Wayne and I chuckled and as we turned around the man said "I will allow it" or something like that and I offered a flourished hand and a bow and, continuing in my faux accent said, "Why thank you, my liege..." and the four of us cracked up. I love moments like that. What could have been another fleeting and meaningless blip in our day quickly turned into a laugh and a smile shared with strangers.


Today I was supposed to visit with Emily and the kids; it would have been the first time since October. We make plans to get together and then something will come up and one of us needs to reschedule and it's become a cycle. This morning I woke up to a text saying that Ana wasn't feeling well and we would need to push our hang out to mid-March. Since this has always been our relationship, it doesn't bother me at all when these things happen. Yeah, it's disappointing but it doesn't make me angry like how I feel with Ashlee ignoring me. So I texted back saying it was 100% fine and then I hopped into my clothes and dashed out the door to see the 1:30 showing of Casablanca at The Colonial!! This year is the 80th anniversary of its release and I had it marked on my calendar but decided to abandon it so as to see Emily. But in the end I got to see it and had a great time. Casablanca is one of my favourite films of all time and seeing it with an equally excited audience and Brett Miller playing the organ (he ended with, what else, As Time Goes By!) was a wonderful experience.

No comments: