Wednesday, October 11, 2017

QI

Last night at Anne's I brought up my recent love of British panel shows, such as Big Fat Quiz, Would I Lie to You?, and Was it Something I Said? (which sadly, I think only ran for one wee lil' season). She mentioned a Stephen Fry (love that man!) panel show called QI that was entertaining, interesting, and informative. So today at work I had some episodes playing in the background and it's so good. QI stands for Quite Interesting and I really wish the US had more shows like this because they make you think and want to research more into the things that are discussed. Now I'm seriously considering getting Acorn, which apparently is a way to watch a majority of the fab Brit shows out there. Anne said she's fairly certain that QI  is among them...





5 comments:

Cerpts said...

I have been the hugest fan of British panel shows for the last 4 years now and Q.I. is among my favourites. Tied with Q.I. is 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

Star said...

They are seriously addictive! The other night I got a chance to see “8 Out of 10 Cats” on the telly in Scotland. I had never felt more alive and posh than in that moment!

Cerpts said...

Once again, you prove yourself my hero!!! I'm livin' vicariously through you!!!

Don't forget to watch both versions of the show: the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats panel show and also 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown which combines their comedy panel show with Countdown (a game show and an institution). I don't know if you know this but Carrie Fisher's last ever public appearance was on 8 Out of 10 Cats (which was the last thing she did before leaving England) and she was wonderful and hilarious as always!

Cerpts said...

Oh and actually, Carrie Fisher also made a couple appearances on Q.I. a few years back. Didja ever see those?

Star said...

I actually HAVE seen the 8 Out of Ten Cats Does Countdown, on YouTube, if memory serves. And I was in Dublin last year for Christmas and saw Carrie on The Graham Norton Show. Then a few days later she was gone.