Friday, October 6, 2017

Big Fat Obsession

In my YouTubing search for all things Greg Davies (still) I stumbled upon a hilariously delightful game show called The Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Like nearly all things from across the pond, it's addictive and refreshingly fun. I started with the episode from 2015 and worked my way through as many episodes as I could find. My favourite guest panelists were Micky Flanagan, Miranda Hart, and Kristen Schaal. Oh my goodness, how I so love all three of them! Even Eddie Izzard was on once! What a fabulous surprise that was. Of the regulars, I quickly discovered that Rob Brydon is an absolute riot as is David Walliams, David Mitchell, and of course, Noel Fielding, who I only knew from The IT Crowd. Richard Ayoade, again, who I knew previously from IT Crowd, and from his film Submarine, won my heart with his incredibly zany dead pan humour. He really is just the coolest cat on the planet. The other night I fell asleep daydreaming of one day being so famous that I could be a guest panelist...oh man, wouldn't that just be the best thing ever? 










3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Another huge fave show along with Q.I. and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown . . . oh, and Have I Got News For You.

Star said...

Oooo....I’ve never heard of “Have I Got News for You”. Looks like I have a new show to check out!

Cerpts said...

HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU is a weekly comedy panel show about current events. And every episode has a different host! I haven't seen every episode, of course, so I don't know if Greg Davies every hosted it but I wouldn't be surprised.