Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Beet with Terri!

I met up with Terri at my favourite nearby eatery for a brief gab session and some super delish eats! Everything was utterly divine, especially the blueberry cupcake. Hidden inside was a melty chocolate center that was yummy beyond words. I bought the lil' bee for it's cuteness but it turned out to be a tasty little afternoon treat when I got home. My coconut BLT was fab, as always, and Terri's Quinoa Caesar salad may not photograph well, but she said it was good, so I may give that a whirl when I'm there next week. Oh, and the cashew cheese board was excellent. The cheeses were creamy and packed a wallop's worth of flavour with the berry jam' tartness serving as a perfect compliment to the cheese when smooshed together on the bread. Heart Beet Kitchen can be a tad pricey, but it's local, mostly organic, gluten free, vegan, and they are a small business that's involved with the community so I totes feel that my moolah is being put into a damn good company.







(dig terri's punk rock purple highlights!)

No comments: