Monday, May 29, 2017

Sunday in The Heights

So after living in Jackson Heights for about a year, I finally scored an invite to visit with Marina and Mateo while Mario was in Colombia on Sunday. I was a bit stressed about driving to and in NY, but it all went swimmingly and Queens is awash with street parking. The best was when Marina and Mateo met me at my car and Teo immediately wished me a happy birthday and said, "we got you balloons and cake and cupcakes and a bouncy house." They actually got me none of those things, but apparently that was what Mateo wanted me to have. Hilarious! He was adorable and very excited to see me and show me his room. 





We kept things low-key and decided to take the 7 train to Flushing Meadows Park, which was huge and lovely and super relaxing. Then it was back to the apartment for homemade Colombian cuisine and Zootopia which was adorable in every possible way.












No comments: