Thursday, July 2, 2015

My "Office"

So I've been clearing out stuff in my house for the past couple months and in the Fall I plan on doing some major repainting. It needs it BAD; I haven't cleaned the walls or moved any of the furniture in my bedroom since 2003 and honey, once I did, it was not pretty. At all.

I realised recently that I need a place to write and in trying not to buy more, I moved out some dressers and bookcases and donated them to Jackson and Mateo. Then I dragged in my dining table to act as a makeshift desk. My Mum had a humongous bulletin board that I think was mine back in the late 1980s, and I decided to cover it with magazine pages and photos and use it to hide my filthy walls until Autumn finally arrives. I seriously love sitting at my desk now and completing all those unfinished projects and stories. It feels like I'm checking things off a list - one of the bestest feelings ever!

(I spy...with my little eye...an award for Funniest costume - which I won! - fabulous orange plaid trousers, Mr. Fassbender, Mr. Schoenaerts (he's there a lot), Mr. Cassavetes, plus: tulips, City Hall in Philly, a knock-off Picasso, a silly self portrait, and tables in Antwerp, among other things. Oh, and Paul Newman and Bob Redford playing table tennis! Can you spot them all?? The photo isn't super clear, so don't let your eyes go all squirrelie looking for everything!)

No comments: