Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend in Norfolk

After work on Friday (at 7:30pm) I hopped in Duke and we went cruisin' down to visit Ashlee in Norfolk, Virginia. I listened to Ron Perlman's audio book version of Easy Street (The Hard Way) and learned to love the man even more by the time it concluded. I reached Ashlee's apartment (at 12:30am) and got a huge hug from her in the parky lot. Then I met Farley, her Chihuahua Terrier mix, who was very unsure of me. Once I fed him some snacks, he realised I was clearly his newest BFF and we got along famously. Ash and I went to bed at about 1:30ish, but like high school girls at a sleep over, we were up chatting until well after 3:30. I even got to feel Little Miss Bailey swimmin' around in Ashlee's belly.


 

Then we were up bright and early to dash off to David's Bridal to find a dress for Miranda's wedding next month. We were helped by Heather, who was a doll, and Ash found a dress that fit her and her great big baby bump, looked fabulous and in the right colour. Result! Then we stopped at Panera for lunch and stuffed our fat faces.


 

After lunch it was off to Whole Foods to grab some grub for dinner and then back to the apartment for shoulder rubs (Ashlee is second only to Kristin when it comes to killer massages), some of The Loft, and of course, Call the Midwife. Then it was getting close to 8pm and we decided that if I left Saturday night, I wouldn't hit traffic and so we said our farewells.
 
 

The ride home started off beautifully because I was crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge at sunset. That Bridge is crazy expensive to cross and long as hell (it took me almost 20 minutes to cross it going 55 MPH), but I managed to hang my arm out the window and snap this photo. I'm already looking at my calendar and trying to figure out when I can head back down. I hope to be able to wrap it around a three day weekend (at least) and stay longer. But the little time Ash and I had together was truly rejuvenating.

No comments: